Within the range of individual wastewater treatment from 0 to 30 P.E. there are 5 types of systems:
- Individual water treatment monoblok from 2 to 8 P.E. active sludge (CE)
- Individual water treatment monoblok according the Walloon agreement from 2 to 8 P.E. active sludge (CE)
- Individual wastewater treatment from 8 to 30 P.E. active sludge (CE)
- Individual water treatment monoblok from 2 to 7 P.E. moving bed (CE)
- Individual water treatment from 0 to 5 P.E. Extensive system (CE)
Boralit's wastewater treatment systems work according to an active sludge system and a moving bed system.In the second tank there is a mixture of biomass and wastewater. The biomass occurs in the form of sludge flake group of micro-organisms that are developed in the wastewater thanks to an extensive supply of oxygen.
In the individual systems the aeration also mixes the content of the reactor. By supplying oxygen, there is an alternating creation of aerobe and anoxic conditions.
In the final settlement tank purified water and active sludge are separated. A part of this sludge will be returned to the second tank. During the purifying process, the amount of sludge increases so the sludge has to be removed of the third tank to have a desirable level of sludge in the second tank.